The Texas Association of Certified Public Accountants (TACPA) is a nonprofit, voluntary, professional organization representing Texas CPAs. TACPA dedicates itself exclusively to the unique interests of CPAs in public practice, including preserving the integrity and enhancing the value of the CPA certificate within the business and financial communities. TACPA is committed to helping members meet the challenges and seize the opportunities in public practice.
The TACPA promises to:
- Provide a forum for our members to discuss significant issues
- Defend the traditional business of the CPA practitioner
- Represent the CPA practitioner before the state legislature and the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (TSBPA)
- Be an advocate for the CPA practitioner
- Give a voice to the small practice CPA practitioner
TACPA has organized a political action committee, (CPA-PAC), that was recognized by the Sunset Commission as an interested professional organization with respect to its review of the Texas Public Accountancy Act.
Click here to download a copy of the current bylaws of the Association.