TEXAS ACCOUNTANCY BOARDWATCH
How Do I Volunteer as a Watcher?
If you would like to attend board and committee meetings as a BoardWatch volunteer, please call Dave Brown at 469-443-0971 or send him an email.
The purpose of BoardWatch is to observe the Board or its committees in action. The goal is to provide our membership with timely information about actions taken and/or proposed at the Board.
- Please review the agenda in advance so that you will understand what you are seeing and hearing.
Men should wear a suit and tie.
Women should wear appropriate office attire
Please do not to speak or comment during the meetings unless addressed.
Take business cards to hand out to Board Members and/or others.
Be respectful of everyone you come in contact with.
Complaints against you may cause the expense reimbursement to go unfunded by the TACPA, unless the complaint is groundless.
Please take notes to help in writing your report.
- It is expected to take about 2 hours of uninterupted time to write your first report.
Include or attach and reference materials received at the board.
Two members attend so each of you review the report prior to release to the Executive Committee.
- Please be as concise and factual as possible.
- Your report may be amended by the Executive Committee, and released to the membership of TACPA.
Others who read your report may take action based on it.
TACPA will reimburse your travel expenses once you submit your report and the Expense Reimbursement Form
To download the BoardWatch Expense Report, please click here.
(Most recent at top)
BoardWatch Report - March 2016
(Meeting of March 23 & 24)
BoardWatch Report - July 2012
(Meeting of July 18 & 19)
BoardWatch Report - March 2012
(Meeting of March 21 & 22)
BoardWatch Report - Nov 2011
(Meeting of November 16 & 17)
BoardWatch Report #5
(Meeting of July 13 & 14, 2011)
BoardWatch Report #3
(Meeting of Jan 19 & 20, 2011)
BoardWatch Report #2
- Don Wilson letter - Proposed Rule 501.63(b) Click here.
(Meeting of Nov 17 & 18, 2010)
BoardWatch Report #1
- This was the first ever BoardWatch Report and included the Proposed Rule 521.6 regarding changes to Freedom of Information
- A TACPA board member's response to the proposed rule. Click Here.
- FOITT's opposition letter to the proposed rule. Click Here.